Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weeks 23 and 24

Wow - time just keeps getting away from me.  It's amazing how quickly time seems to be moving during this pregnancy.  I always hear people complaining about how their pregnancy seems to drag on and on.  Maybe it's because this is something I've wanted for so long, but so far I feel like this pregnancy has passed incredibly quickly. 


How Far Along? 23 and 24 Weeks

Maternity Clothes?  All the time on the bottom now, a few tops, but I'm starting to have more and more trouble getting them to cover the panel of my pants.  I don't have many short sleeve maternity tops, so I'll have to see what I can figure out.  It's going to cool off here really soon, so I don't really want to buy any if I don't have to. 

Weight Gain? 20 pounds, I think.  They didn't tell me my official weight gain at my last appointment, just that I was on track. 

Stretch Marks? None yet - I'm sure these are coming though. 

Sleep? Pretty good lately.  I'm sleeping on my side with a pillow under my belly which really helps.  The cooler temps have been great too. 

Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's appointment - it's amazing every single time. 

Weirdest Comment: This week I was chatting with a co-worker (who works in another office, so I don't see her often) and mentioned that I had left work early the other day for a doctor's appointment.  And she got all excited and said, "Was this your first one?"  Um, no I'm over 5 months pregnant!  I think sometimes people just don't think through what they are saying.   
 
Movement?  Yes.  Some days it's all the time and some days (like this past Saturday) I start to get nervous that I haven't felt anything all day.  The past two days I've felt tons of movement though which has helped me to relax a bit. 

Gender?  It's a boy! 

What I miss? Honestly, nothing :)

Symptoms: Weight gain, pain in my tailbone when sitting (this comes and goes), heavy feeling in my abdomen when standing or walking for a while.

Milestones: Completing our gift registry.  Honestly, I would have waited longer on this, but my in-laws are throwing that triple shower next month so I needed to have it ready to go. 
Viability week - I know he needs to stay put a lot longer, but it's nice to know that if he were born now there's a chance he would survive. 

Emotions: Happy! I'm also going to be seeing some of my extended family this weekend for a family function which I'm really excited about.  I have not seen any of them since announcing our pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment