Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Numbers are In

I called our RE's office to get the details about J's sample from our IUI this past weekend.  The nurse called me back and said everything looks good.  Right off I thought this was odd since J has morphology issues, but whatever, right?  She said his total count was 508 million, 82 million post wash.  Motility post wash was 88% and his morphology was 2%.  She did say this was low, but also said it wasn't terrible.  I'm thinking these numbers sound pretty good.  Of course, I'll have to google and check out other blogs to confirm her statement.  Isn't it funny how you can't really take the word of a medical professional anymore since there is so much information available on the internet?

Yesterday one of my very dear friends called me, I've mentioned her before.  I didn't answer because she called during the work day and I figured she was just calling to chat.  I listened to the message and confirmed she just wanted to chat and in the background her baby was making all kinds of adorable sounds....actually he may have been crying, who knows, but anyway as she laughed about it, I felt like I was being punched in the stomach.  And then, I couldn't bring myself to call her back.  I'm going to call her back, but at that exact moment, I just knew there was no way I could call her.  On one hand, I feel like this makes me a bad friend, but on the other hand, I feel like this could be a normal reaction considering the current situation I am in.  I'm really not sure where I'm going with this, but I should really try to give her a call back today....maybe I'll do that now. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey L, I know I owe you an email back, life has gotten in the way for me. But I wanted to give you my hubs numbers. They've never talked to us about morphology despite R having slight issues with shape and swimming ability.

    IUI#1 (BFN) - 116 million with 95% motility
    IUI#2 (BFP --> m/c) - 98 million with 95% motility
    IUI#3 (BFN) - 32 million with 90% motility
    IUI#4 (BFN) - 42 million with 95% motility

    Then we got pregnant on our own in February, but sadly lost the little one in March.

    Also, you should ask your doctor. R gives his sperm and then an hour or so later when we pick it up to take down the hallway to do the IUI they give us a piece of paper with all the info. pre-wash and post-wash.

    J's numbers sound great to me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome numbers! I'm sorry the morph wasn't higher, but I bet there are some really good ones in there! Fingers crossed!
    And I don't blame you for feeling that way about calling your friend back. I've had times where I just really had to avoid situations. It's okay. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great numbers!!! The morph is low but they are right there when you do the iui so I have high hopes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The numbers sound good!!
    Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete