Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time is Flying By

I absolutely cannot believe how fast the past 12 weeks have gone.  I know everyone says that, but I don't think I really believed it until after N was born.  He will be 12 weeks old tomorrow and I'll be returning to work the day after that.  Tomorrow he'll be going to daycare for a few hours in the afternoon while I get my hair cut (one of the many things that went to the back burned after he was born!).  I'm hoping that having him go for a few hours tomorrow will help me feel better about leaving him there all day on Thursday.  I know he'll be fine, I'm actually more worried about myself.  I'm afraid that I won't physically be able to leave him at daycare.  I wonder if that has ever really happened.  A mom who becomes frozen at the daycare and can't physically leave?  Probably not!  I'm sure I'll be able to pull it together by Thursday. 

I'm actually probably more worried about whether or not I'll be able to get both of us ready in time for me to make it to work.  We tried practicing our morning timing the past two days and it wasn't great either day.  I want to be able to nurse N before I leave for work (around 7:30) so I figured if I got him up at 7, I'd be able to nurse and change him right before I left and then J would drop him off at daycare on his way to work.  N's also been going down for a morning nap about an hour and half after he wakes up, so I thought getting him up at 7 would help him to not be ready for a nap immediately after arriving at daycare.  Yesterday N woke up at 6:30 and took his first nap right around 8:00, the exact time he'll be arriving at daycare!  Hmmm.....last night N woke up more than once (this is very unusual) which made me extremely tired this morning and we had to wake him up at 7.  He seemed to do okay with that and has napped pretty well today so hopefully his body will adjust well to being on more of a set schedule.  I'm crossing my fingers that waking up more than once last night was just a fluke.  

Other than starting to freak out about having to go back to work, everything here has been wonderful.  N continues to be so much fun!  He smiles all the time and is so close to laughing, which I can't wait for :)

4 comments:

  1. One thing that daycare has done for my little E is put him on a schedule and wear him out! He has been sleeping through the night every night since he started (with the exception of last night, when my husband swaddled him incorrectly and he woke me up at 2:30 a.m. But I digress). I know you can get through the drop off! Don't put any eye makeup on until you get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything, I'm sure like with most things, the anticipation is almost worse than the actual act! Hooray for sweet baby smiles and being on the brink of laughing. Baby laughs are just about the best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'll be thinking about you! My SIL goes back tomorrow, her little boy, Noah was just a couple days ahead of N. Thinking of you both and hoping yall will share the secrets of a successful transition with me! C is 6 weeks tomorrow meaning only another 6 weeks at home with him and I know it will fly by way too fast - like you said! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you mama as you spend your last day of maternity leave loving on your little guy and preparing to go back to work. I hope it's a smooth transition for you! And good luck getting your morning routine down!

    ReplyDelete