Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ah...Quick Updates

Wow, I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.  I am also amazingly impressed with all of the new moms who are somehow able to blog everyday.  I've been able to do a decent job of reading most of the other blogs I follow since I'm able to do that one handed while nursing, but finding time to write a post has been really challenging.  Nick is sleeping right now so I thought I would grab a few minutes to get a post up.  I think I'll go with bullet points today since I never know when Nick will suddenly wake up and need something. 

- N will be one month old on Saturday.  I've heard moms say this before, but didn't really understand what they meant until I was a mom.  But somehow it feels like N has been here forever.  I can remember being pregnant, but somehow it's like I can't remember what life was like without N here.
- Breastfeeding - this is going really well.  I'm planning to write up a post about our experiences so far. 
- Sleeping - N usually gets up to nurse once or twice a night.  I really can't complain since I know this could be way worse.  Although last night he was up from 3 - 5 AM, not fun!  Finally at 5 AM I plopped him in his bouncer and laid on the couch.  Luckily that seemed to knock him out.  During the day he naps really well in the afternoon and then it's kind of hit or miss in the morning and evening.  Some mornings he stays up all morning happily playing and others he takes a few little naps. 
- Getting myself ready - This might actually be the most challenging thing for me so far.  If I'm able to get up right before N wakes up, I can catch a quick shower and then get myself ready throughout the day.  If N wakes up early or is fussy in the morning, somehow it's like I completely run out of time. So today, no shower yet.  This has possibly been the biggest adjustment for me. 
- Traveling - This weekend we took N out of town for his first trip.  J had a work meeting in Chicago on Saturday so N and I spent the day with my family on Saturday and with J's family on Sunday.  N did great on the two and a half hour trip there and back.  We stopped once each way to change and nurse him and then he went right back to sleep.  N also did a great job during the day - everyone was impressed with how sweet and happy he was.  It was a great weekend. 
- Recognizing Mommy! - This weekend N recognized who I was.  It was amazing.  My aunts were holding him and when we started getting a little fussy I took him back and it was clear that he knew who I was and just kept staring at my face.  Later when other people were holding him, he kept looking over in my direction. 

Hopefully I'll be back much sooner with my next update!

3 comments:

  1. Ww 1 month all ready!!!!
    Its the best when they recognize you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a wonderful baby! Sleeping well, traveling well, knowing his mommy...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 month! Wow!! Sounds good :-)

    ReplyDelete