Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week 36

How Far Along? 36 Weeks (somehow I just realized today that my last update was at 31 weeks.....)

Maternity Clothes?  All the time.  Every once in a while I can make a non-maternity item work, like a cardigan that I don't button or a hooded sweatshirt, but that's it. 

Weight Gain? 30 pounds, I think.  My doctor's office always just says my weight is right on track. 

Stretch Marks? I still haven't seen any of these yet.  I'm wondering if they are under my belly where I can't see. 

Sleep? This seems to be getting worse.  I can still fall asleep pretty easily, but wake up several times a night now.  Sometimes it's to use the bathroom, sometimes it's because I'm in an uncomfortable position, sometimes it's because my cat is kicking me, the list could go on and on.  Usually I can fall back asleep, but sometimes I end up laying there for a while.   

Best Moment of the Week: (Several weeks of moments) Learning baby is still head down!  Having my family's baby shower.  Finishing up childbirth classes.  Deciding on a daycare. 

Weirdest Comment: I don't know if this is weird, but the closer I get to my due date the more comments people want to make to me about labor and delivery.  Things like, well your first baby is always late.  Yes, some first babies are late, but some also come on time, and some come early.  I'm not expecting the baby to come early, but I just find people's unneeded comments to be really annoying. 
 
Movement?  Yes, all the time.  His movements are more and more interesting now too.  I can always feel his back pushing out on the left side and sometimes I think he's stretching way out and his feet will poke out on the other side. 

Gender?  It's a boy! 

What I miss? Being able to take full breaths; getting comfortable to sleep; being able to bend over easily. 

Symptoms: Pain in my ribs, lots of movement, feeling tired more quickly, getting out of breath easily.

Milestones: We are so close to full-term.  It's really starting to sink in that this baby is coming, it's so surreal to pray and plan for something for so long and now to realize it's finally going to come true in just a few short weeks.  It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment