Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy


Life seems to be flying by lately.  I’m now 34 weeks pregnant and we’re just 6 weeks away (possible a few more or a few less) from meeting our little guy.  It’s truly unbelievable how quickly time seems to be passing by. 

Last week I had Thursday and Friday off from work since I had a few vacation days to use up before the end of the year.  Thursday was filled with appointments: doctor’s office, visiting a daycare, returning some items I got duplicates of at my baby shower, and our last childbirth class.  Friday J also had the day off of work and he and I were able to get a lot of stuff done around the house.  We also ran a few more errands and picked up some grocery items that we needed for the weekend.  We made a ton more progress in the baby’s room.  I washed and dried most of his little clothes, blankets, and all of the sheets for his crib.  His crib is now all ready to go – all we need is him J 

I honestly thought I would be very nervous about getting everything all set up before he’s actually born, but now I feel like I’d be more unsettled if I didn’t feel like things were “ready” for his arrival.  I’m guessing that this is a good sign that I’m finally relaxing and feeling more confident that things will work out. 

On Saturday we spend the day tailgating and enjoying our last college football game before the baby comes!  Saturday evening we helped out with some food prep for an event at our church the next day.  I was really tired by the time I finally made it to bed.  Sunday we spent all day helping out with the food for an event at our church that 150 people attended.  We had planned for between 100 and 125 so it was a little crazy at times, but all in all everyone seemed to have a great time.  We got home just in time for a little bit of relaxing before bed. 

Yesterday was a really full day for me because I had a night meeting at work and didn’t end up getting home until close to 8:30.  I really love my job, but the one downfall is that I do a lot of work with volunteers who are often only available for meetings and trainings and such in the evenings which can really take away from your personal and family time.  I try really hard to maintain a good balance, but sometimes I get nervous about how that will work after the baby comes. 

Today things are really quiet here at my office.  We’re actually closed the rest of the week for the holiday, which is awesome!  So I’m just a few hours away from the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Busy girl! That's great that you're so well-prepared! Have a great holiday long weekend!

    ReplyDelete