Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Great Weekend!

We had a great weekend!  Although if you just look at the list of things that happened, it might seem less than stellar:
1.  Attended a football games and tailgate in 97 degree heat, seriously, it's September, what is happening?  And now today it's 30 degrees cooler.  Don't worry, I only made it through the first quarter of the game before finding some air conditioning to cool off in and then stayed in the shade and drank tons of water.  It definitely wasn't the most fun tailgate I've been too, but I know it was the hottest!

2.  When we got home from the game a giant tree had fallen over in our yard.  I guess we had missed the storm by just a few minutes.  According to our  neighbors it was really windy and terrible outside but just for like 10 minutes.  The tree was so large that it was blocking our entire driveway, luckily, since we weren't home at the time only one of our cars was trapped.  We were so lucky that the tree came within just a few feet of hitting our neighbor's car and had it fallen in a different direction it would have damaged our house.  We were able to get someone out today to chop it all up and haul it away.  It turned out to be kind of expensive, but at least no one was hurt and we were able to get it taken care of over the weekend.  The storm did knock out our power for a little over 12 hours.  It was pretty miserable because of the heat, but our really nice friends let us spend the night at their house :)

3.  We got the baby's room basically emptied out and painted the ceiling.  The walls are scheduled to be painted next weekend.  We need to drop off some stuff at Goodwill and then I think we'll be in great shape to really move forward with the room.

4.  I also did some preparations for creating our registry.  We are hoping to start that on Friday evening so I wanted to have a list ready of some of the specific items we wanted.  I'm having the most trouble with the car seat and stroller.  At first I thought we'd get a travel system, but they are so huge I don't think I'd use it very often.  Then I thought maybe I would just get one of those stroller frames at first and pick out a stroller later when he's bigger.  Or maybe I don't need a stroller frame because he's going to be a tiny baby in winter and we probably won't be going very many places in a stroller.  But I really have no idea!  Any recommendations on those two items?

1 comment:

  1. My mother in law has a Consumer Reports account, and the highest rated seat (safety wise) is the Chicco Key Fit. They come in travel systems and car seats alone. We just got ours, which was the travel system, and it's not really too big and bulky. Yay for getting your nursery on its way to ready and getting your registry started. It's such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete