Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Doctor's Appointment Update

On Friday we had our 24 week appointment (we were actually on week 23 because our schedule is still off).  The doctor we were seeing was running really far behind, we weren't seen until a whole hour after our appointment time.  She was very apologetic and I know there's nothing they can do when they get behind like that, but seriously, it threw off the rest of our day.  We had an appointment scheduled for a little later that afternoon and we were over a half an hour late! 

Regardless, the appointment was very good.  She said the baby and I were measuring right on track.  His heartbeat was good at about 135, which I was surprised about because at our ultrasound about 2 weeks ago, the tech said it was 155.  It seems to be different every time we go, which I'm guessing is normal?  She also answered the few questions that I had. 

- I've been having some tailbone pain when sitting down.  She said this is very normal and there's not a lot you can do except to try to set in a chair with good back support and if you start having the pain when walking too a maternity support belt might help.  I'm not at that point yet and actually the pain seems to be getting slightly better.
- Baby's movements.  I feel him move some everyday, but I was getting worried I should be feeling him more often.  She said at this point, he's not big enough to feel every movement.  She said as long as I feel some movement everyday everything is fine.  Later in the pregnancy, she said they will talk move about kick counting. 
- I had been feeling some tightening in my abdomen lately too.  I don't really know if tightening is the right word.  It seemed like when I touched it with my hand, it felt very hard sometimes, but not all the time.  When I asked about it she said they were probably Braxton Hicks contractions.  Again, perfectly normal, but I need to pay attention to them in case they get painful or I get more than 4 in one hour.  Of course, after hearing that I spent the past 2 days on high alert.  I kept thinking they were happening more and more, even though I can't really even feel them.  Now the more I think about it the more I think it's not a tightening, it's just things feeling pretty full in there.  It's hard when you don't know if you should worry about something, I feel like I worry about everything!  My plan is to see how I feel today and then give the office a call if I'm still worried.  Also, my sister and I painted the nursery on Saturday so I may have just worn myself out a bit and this could be my body's way of telling me to slow down. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about notknowing when to be worried. It is so stressful!!!
    Good luck with the BH.

    ReplyDelete