Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pregnant Friends?

Last week I finally told one of my very best friends that I was pregnant.  She lives several hours away from me and I don't see her that often so I ended up just sending her an email.  She was so excited for us.  Then she followed it up by telling me that she and her hubby had been trying for baby #2 for almost 10 months :(  I felt so bad for her.  I started wondering what was worse, have trouble getting pregnant the first time or getting pregnant super easily the first time (when you weren't even really trying) and then having it take a long time for #2.  Both seem bad to me.  But on a much happier note, she told me told that she got a BFP on Friday!!!  So now we can be pregnant together - which is fun of course, but as I think I've mentioned before, it seems hard for me to relate to other pregnant people since their journey to pregnancy was so different than mine.  It's like I don't want fertile people to ask me questions about how I'm feeling and my symptoms, because their responses seem judgemental to me for some reason (I'm sure they aren't being judgemental, and it's just how I'm taking it).

For example, everyone always asks how I'm feeling and when I say really well - they act like I'm lying.  Or like something is wrong with me because I'm not complaining to them about morning sickness (which from what I've read, is not the only pregnancy symptom).  Now I know that I'm very lucky to not experience 24 nausea and have not thrown up once during this pregnancy, but I don't feel great all day long, every single day.  I'm choosing not to complain about it because I'm so incredibly grateful that I'm able to experience a pregnancy.  I'm hoping that just focusing on the positive will help me lose some of these crappy feelings I'm having - I'd hate to actually have other people realize I have them :)

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you can be pregnant with your friend! So fun! Sorry for the responses of others! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a similar boat as one of my good friends is 10d behind me in her pregnancy, but under "not trying/surprise" circumstances. It's really hard to talk pregnancy with her b/c she complains about her symptoms and I just mention mine.

    Most people just don't seem to understand that you don't have to complain about your "terrible" symptoms to enjoy pregnancy. Nor do they understand why someone would be so happy to feel crappy and not want to draw attention to their condition.

    ReplyDelete