Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Feeling Optimistic

Today I had my annual appointment with my OB/GYN.  Woo Hoo, right?  Anyways, I was seeing the nurse practitioner instead of the doctor.  A medical assistance took me back to the room and after I sat down this conversation unfolded:

"So, you wrote down that you aren't using birth control................does that mean you are trying to get pregnant?"

"Yes."  (while thinking in my head, this should be in my chart, I came here for a consult just a few months ago)

"So, you aren't using any condoms or spermicides?"

"No."  (J's semen analysis info should be in the chart too - he only has a few good shaped sperm, why would I want to try to prevent them from getting in?  Plus, I just said I was trying to get pregnant!)

I honestly didn't know how to respond, I thought she could have been a little more in tune with what was going on.  The nurse practitioner came in and say that she felt like we were living parallel lives.  I had no idea what she was talking about and then she proceeded to tell me that she and her husband had seen the same urologist that J and I saw and then they saw the same RE that we are seeing next week.  She gave me good insight on the practice and the doctor.  It was wonderful!  Clearly, she's a person who reads the chart before talking to you.  The best part is she has two little boys now and said they were even thinking about trying for a third baby sometime in the future.  She was really wonderful - and I thought it was so sweet of her to share that information with me.  I'm just feeling better and better about our upcoming appointment. 

3 comments:

  1. That is great! It's always so nice to be reminded that you aren't alone.
    I know I shouldn't expect the nurses to read my chart thoroughly before meeting wtih me, but honestly, take the two minutes and educate yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats wonderful that she shared that with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like things ended on a good note. It is always good to hear success stories about the doctors and clinic you are using. Good Luck next week!

    ReplyDelete