Wow, I can't believe how much time has passed since my last blog post! When I logged in today I was sure that I had just posted last week, but it's been almost 3 weeks - yikes!
Things here are still going well. N is awesome, as usual. He's getting bigger and more fun every single day. He seems to be doing really well at daycare too, thank goodness. The three of us seem to be in a routine that is working pretty well. Right now N goes to daycare 3 days a week. I work slightly longer days at the office 3 days a week, work from home one day a week, and then use 'flex' time to basically have one day off a week to spend with N. J drops N off at daycare in the morning on his way to work and I rush there to pick him up each evening. Honestly the worst part of my day is the drive to daycare to pick N up - I feel like it takes forever to get there and I'm so relieved when I finally get there. Side note: it takes the same amount of time to get there everyday, I think the after work traffic just makes me crazy! Plus it makes me sad to think about how long he's been there.
What seems to be working well:
* Pumping at work - so far I've been able to keep up with how much N eats at daycare. This might be because I only have to pump 3 days a week since on the days I stay home N is with me.
* Having J drop N off at daycare. The few times I've had to drop him off I felt terrible. I know he's fine while he's there but for me it's much easier to leave him at our house with J when I go to work. This is going to get trickier because J is starting a new job next week and his hours are pretty different from his current job. I'm afraid that I'll have to do most of the dropping off and picking up, which I am not looking forward to :(
* Having a day off each week to spend with N.
What's not working so well:
* Working from home one day a week. It's hard to be home with N and not really be able to give him or my work my full attention. I'm going to keep trying to make it work because I like being available to nurse him during the day, but wow, it's rough!
* Feeling like there is never enough time to get everything done that I need and want to. Basically what seems to be suffering is me feeling relaxed.
* Sleep! N is sleeping great, but still usually gets up once a night. After he nurses he goes right back to sleep which is great, but it takes me a long time to fall back asleep, which makes me really tired in the mornings.
Basically, going back to work has gone so much better than I expected it too. I'm not sure how long I'll want to keep being a full-time working mom, but for now it's manageable. I'm not making any decisions about my job until I've been back for two months. I really want to give it a fair chance and then make the decision that will be best for our family.