Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

2 Months

N had his 2 month doctor's appointment yesterday.  Everything looked great.  He does have a little cold, but she said it was nothing to worry about.  He seemed to do pretty well with his two month shots too.  They had me hold him on my lap when he got the shots - so sad :(  He was screaming and crying right after he got them, with tears streaming down his little face and everything.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home and when he woke up to nurse an hour or so later he was smiling and happy so I thought all was well.  We headed off to church to help serve dinner before the midweek Lenten service, and when it was time for N to nurse again he was crying and crying and crying.  I couldn't get him to nurse or calm down so I gave him a small dose of tylenol.  I'm not sure if it was from the shots or what, but we ended up just coming home.  Poor little guy - it's so sad when you don't know what's wrong with them! 

He's also slept great the past two nights - 9 hours each night!  I'm almost afraid to write that down for fear that he'll never do it again.  He's also doing really well with the crib wedge, so we're thinking about trying to move him into his own room over the weekend. 

I can't believe he's already 2 months old (actually 9 weeks yesterday).  I'm heading back to work in 3 weeks and already dreading it.  I honestly didn't think that I would love being home with him as much as I do.  I guess we'll see how it goes, but I'm seriously considering being a stay at home mom. 

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about returning to work to see how it goes? That's what I'm currently doing. I wanted to give myself the experience of being a SAHM and a working mom so I could make my decision in an informed way. Today is day four back a work, and so far - I'm thinking I'm going to quit and stay and home with my E. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we ever really know what it will be like to be a SAHM until we've done it, and there are SO many people that I work with that never came back after their maternity leave was up. Do you have to go back for a certain amount of time at least to keep your benefits or anything? Good luck making that decision, it can be a hard one.

    So sorry about the shots, those are never fun. Maybe try and give him Tylenol before the appt. next time and see if that helps any. But way to go on the nighttime sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer to your question you asked on my blog, I actually found the rug at Walmart of all places! I had been looking at how to make my own, and other places to buy them and they were so expensive, but this one was only 15 bucks! I'm pretty sure they have it in pink, purple, and blue.

    ReplyDelete