Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Fully Cooked

Well, this baby is officially fully cooked!  We hit the 38 week mark yesterday and it seems that he could arrive at any point now.  I still have some things left on my to-do list that I really want to get accomplished before he arrives, but we could easily survive without having them done if we decided to arrive early.  At my doctor's appointment last Friday, I had a cervical check (which I was super nervous about for no reason - I didn't think it hurt at all) and the doctor confirmed that the baby was still head down, that my cervix was soft and that it was still closed on the top, but he was pretty sure it was thinning out.  He said it was looking very good for not quite being 38 weeks and this being my first baby.  Since Friday, I've had lots of contractions, nothing consistent yet, but I'll be interested to see if I've made any progress at my next appointment on Wednesday.  I'm still fully expecting this baby to come whenever he's ready and have no intentions or trying to rush him along unless it's absolutely necessary. 

Actually, it's becoming one of my least favorite questions, comments, etc.  As people realize that our actual due date is on January 1st, people will ask things like, "Are you going to try to have the first baby on New Year's?"  or  "Are you trying for the big New Year's baby prize?"  Um, well I didn't realize there was a prize and I have zero intention of 'trying' to have this baby at any specific time.  These comments are of course coming from people I don't know at all or don't know well and clearly have no idea what our journey to be parents was like.  But really, sometimes I just don't understand how people think!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah what new year's prize? hahaha That's so funny. Do they think the government like grants the first baby of the new year with a years supply of diapers? :) That would be nice though haha But YAY for being fully cooked! SO exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for full term!!!!!
    How weird, people are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo for full term. He will make his appearance when he is ready:) When i was prego with ds I had contractions so bad on New years even. I tried steps, walking all ove it but he didnt wanna come lol!

    ReplyDelete