Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Doctor's Appointment and Low Iron

This afternoon I had my 29 week doctor's appointment.  My OB's office has a rotation schedule so you meet each doctor at least once during pregnancy in case your own doctor isn't able to deliver you.  It seems like a good plan to me and so far all the other doctors seem really good.  The appointment was quick and overall really good.  My weight was still good - or I'm assuming it is, they didn't even mention it.  My blood pressure was right on track and the baby's heart rate was around 148 which she said was excellent. 

At my last appointment (2 weeks ago....seriously, I can't believe how often I have to go now) I had my glucose tolerance test.  I never heard anything about the results so I assumed I passed.  The doctor went over the results today and said that my glucose level was perfect, but that my iron levels were in the low-normal range.  Actually, a little lower than they would like.  So she recommended that I increase the amount of iron in my diet.  She specifically recommended that I eat more red meat :)  I was really glad that J was there because that's the kind of stuff he usually discourages me from doing.  I haven't felt like eating much chicken during my pregnancy, but I've been trying my best to keep eating it.  Now I'm thinking I should skip the chicken and bring on the beef :)

No comments:

Post a Comment